Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Local Mechanic

It wouldn't be a successful adventure without a trip to the local mechanic. Apparently a burned up backpack & computer wasn't enough.....

Erin again......Shawn just checked in. They had to re-route to Cochrane and are at the Yamaha dealer. About 40 miles outside of Cochrane an equivalent of a "check engine" light came on in one of the sleds. They called the local Yamaha dealer, who informed them that the light meant there was a problem with the drive shaft bearing - and basically the sled was not driveable.

They then proceeded to drive the "un-driveable" sled 40 miles to the Yamaha dealer, which was nerve wrecking, but they made it. The folks at the dealer are very nice and are working on the sled as I type. It will definitely be fixed for tomorrow's ride.

He continues to report incredible trail conditions. Hopefully there will be a computer at the lodge tonight, because I'm sure Shawn's stories will be more colorful.....Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hello..I am new in California and I had my own bike here but there are some problems with my bike. I had repaired it but still I am facing the same problems. I am here wondering for good local mechanic who can repair my bike.

    local mechanic

    ReplyDelete